twitter




Friday, November 6, 2009

Plants for red eared sliders?

The problem I have is that whenever I purchase plants for the tank my three RES's dig them up and eat them. While I have pretty much gotten the digging up problem solved I was wondering if anyone knows of plants that RES's don't really like eating that aren't actually poisonous to them? I love the look of plants in my tank, but they usually are all eaten by about the third day and I have to replace them. Any ideas of plants that RES's don't find too tasty?

Plants for red eared sliders?
There are likely no plants that they won't eat that are not poisonous to them. You cold try offering them a bit of fresh washed lettuce each day in hopes that they will leave the plants alone.
Reply:RES, especially older RES eat plants. Aquarium plants are selected to not be dangerous, and turtles are pretty open-minded about what greens they eat.





Trying to have plants in a turtle tank (or trying to keep fish and turtles tiogether) is sort of like trying to decorate a dog crate with beef jerky wallpaper and complaining that the dog keeps eating it.



neutral skin tone

No comments:

Post a Comment