twitter




Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Do red eard sliders make good pets?

Yes, but they do require alot more work than fish, as their tank gets alot more dity.

Do red eard sliders make good pets?
mhmm! but! my brother ad one once and it died :[


so make sure you have a fish tank and ave the hole floor of the tank filled with water, and put rocks in the tank so they can get a little out of the water if they want to but mostly they just chill out in the water, my brother put one in with is tortuous and only had half the tank filled with water and the poor turtle dried out! so if you keep a good four or more inches of water in that tank they make good pets :D
Reply:I have one. He lives in a tank that needs to be cleaned once a month. I use two submersible water filters that cost $20.00 and about $12.00 every other month getting new carbon and sponges. He has a turtle dock to get out of the water if he wishes. I also have to use a chlorine treatment for the water, and a heat emitting lamp. He eats pellets for the most part, some fruit and veggies too. He is not the kind of pet you play with you must wash your hands after handling him. Barney ( my turtle) is aware of whats going on outside the tank he looks at me when I am near. He knows he may get food. I take him outside to the yard now and then. He likes to dig in the dirt and run through the grass. I have to watch him he is quite quick for a turtle.



Loose Teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment