twitter




Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How Many Sqare Feet Do Red Ear Slider Turtles Need? Is it OK if I have a box turtle in the same exibit?

My plans for a turtle home includes a rectange or square area with a small pond (only 3-4 feet deep) with a large grass area. I have a red ear slider and am planning to get a box turtle. I dont know if I should have them share land + food, but I have seen it done at my local nature center. Please have an answer with atleast 2 sentances because I am desparate!





Thx

How Many Sqare Feet Do Red Ear Slider Turtles Need? Is it OK if I have a box turtle in the same exibit?
I dont see why the two turtles could not cohabitate. If they have plenty of room and food it will be fine. If they have to fight for space, youll have a problem. Just make sure that with the large area there is an appropriate heat source so they can bask and enough out of water room for both of them....box turtles are largely out of water and RES's are in water mostly.


If you have the room and means to do it go for it.



skin tone

No comments:

Post a Comment