twitter




Sunday, March 14, 2010

My res eared sliders water temp?

my turtles water level is always at 72 F


i have a water heater but the water gets warm but the temp dosnt change and the termometer works fine


Is it okay for the water temp to be 72 F?

My res eared sliders water temp?
I just looked this up because I bought one last week, and it said the temperature should be around 80-90 degrees F. it said that they cant produce their own heat so they need the lamps and lights to do that for them, and the temperature helps them figure out what time of year it is, so it may be a bit too cool for the little guy.
Reply:Water temps should be between 76 and 78 with the basking area about 10 degrees warmer..this promotes better feeding activity and the basking helps to prevent shell problems...



neutral skin tone

No comments:

Post a Comment