twitter




Sunday, March 14, 2010

Is it ok to put 2 slider turtles in a 55 gallon tank with 4 bull frogs?

We live in north-western CT and in our backyard we have a pond with a plastic liner. We have 2 slider turtles and 4 bullfrogs. We want to bring them in for the winter but only have a 55 gallon tank. I was wondering if they would survive the winter in the pond or if we shuld bring them in and if we do bring them in is a 55 gallon tank big enough. THANK YOU!

Is it ok to put 2 slider turtles in a 55 gallon tank with 4 bull frogs?
I'm in N Dakota and have 3000 pond with a Slider, Western Painted and 3 Snappers, my frogs never make it through the winter, probably has something to do with the Snappers but I always restock with tadpoles in the spring.. My pond is five feet deep and it freezes to six feet around here. To keep things from freezing down, I wait until six inches of ice forms and then I pump out enough water to create a six air gap. This provides enough insulation to prevent things from freezing solid. Before I figured this out, I would over winter them in a 100gal stock tank with about 6" of sand on the bottom, in a semi heated garage. I think they benefit from a little nap in the winter. RScott



viruses

No comments:

Post a Comment