twitter




Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I got some baby red eared sliders and i don't know how much i need to feed them?

I don't know if i sould feed the goldfish,lettace or what.I'm feeding them reptomin is that ok???????

I got some baby red eared sliders and i don't know how much i need to feed them?
Your turtles should have a mixed diet. Depending on the age, and how young it is, depends on the diet. Usually you would feed red eared sliders: kale (not lettuce no dietary help), feeder fish (small goldfish), mealworms, and even some fruit like strawberries. My red eared slider turtle loved strawberries when I gave them to him. But usually when they are way young, stick with the food that you get from the pet store. And then slowly work in the rest of the food.


As for how many times, I usually feed him once a day in the morning. If I see he is really hungry later, then I will feed him a little more, but usually once a day works. Also, if you have feeder fish for your turtle, then they will swim around until the turtle nabs him, which is good so that the turtle can eat when he wants to. I hope this helps!
Reply:The proportions of fresh supplements will depend on the age of the turtle, but can include live feeder fish, earthworms, crickets, waxworms, bloodworms, aquatic snails, fresh greens (collard, mustard and dandelion greens, and dark leafy lettuces but never head lettuce), aquatic plants, and shredded vegetables.








Take it to the vet and find out the age.



fashion accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment